The aim of this project is to have a .Net and Silverlight library for the Speex codec. The original source can be found under http://speex.org/
As a start we using the latest published version of speex (1.2_rc1) and write a C# wrapper around the pre-compiled static library. Following steps will be focus towards fully implement speex in C#.
This project will also include a demo application using WCF to transfer audio over the network. For recording and playback of the voice we will be using NAudio and Silverlight AudioSource respectively.
Current Project Stage:
- Setting Up Source Code (done)
- Implementing first version of wrapper (done)
- Enhancing wrapper to provide full Speex functionality (done to some degree)
- Implement Speex codec in C#; using port of JSpeex (done using JSpeex 0.9.2 which is based on Speex 1.0.3)
- upgrading NSpeex to latest version of Speex (version 1.2rc1)
- Implementing Speex for Silverlight (done)
- Silverlight demo application (work in progress, suggestions welcome)
If you are looking for a good Video Conferencing Codec as well have a look at
which is a similar project for the Theora codec found under